Primary and Secondary Schools
The education system of Taiwan provides a nine-year compulsory education from age 6 to 15. Thus, foreign visitors with children or young adults should send them to school, either public or private.
There are four elementary schools (for grades one to six) near Academia Sinica.
- English as a Medium of Instruction
- Chinese as a Medium of Instruction
- Hu Shih Elementary School
- Jiu-Zhuang Elementary School (Website in Chinese)
- Pai Yun Elementary School (Website in Chinese)
The enrollment of the public schools is assigned according to the enrollee's residential district. However, not all schools offer bilingual education programs due to the limited resources. There are private schools for Japanese, German, French, British, and American nationalities in Taipei. Find more information about the schools