The National Health Insurance (NHI) Program
- The Monthly Premium
A foreign employee can join the NHI immediately after he/she has obtained the ARC. Foreign visitors, students, and Mainland China employee/visitors with a valid ARC and have resided in Taiwan for more than four months are entitled/required to enroll in Taiwan's NHI Program. The NHI monthly premium is prorated according to salary. For example, the premium is under NT$ 1000 for a salary of NT$ 65000 per month.
- The Benefits
- Outpatient services, inpatient (hospital) care and medications are provided by the contracted medical care institutions in the case of illness, injury, or childbirth.
- Preventive health care, such as children's preventive health care, prenatal examinations, and adult health examinations.
- After receiving emergency treatment at a non-contracted medical institution in Taiwan or a medical institution overseas, the insured may subsequently apply to the Bureau of National Health Insurance (BNHI) to reimburse covered medical expenses.
AS Group Insurance Program
- AS provides a non-compulsory group insurance program (official name: Academia Sinica Employee Insurance Benefit Plan). All full-time employees of Academia Sinica (AS) between the ages of 15 and 65 can apply to join the program. You may also apply to cover your spouse, children and parents. The current insurance company is Transglobe Life Insurance. Please note that the contract may be renewed with AS approval, even the insurance company can be changed.
- The contact person is Mr. Hsu. For inquiry, you may contact her at 0911-552-844 (Cell)